What makes Rice Hospice special?
Care that takes place where you are – we come to you.
The Rice Hospice Care Team works with each patient and family to develop a plan of care which is specific to their unique needs. The focus of this plan of care is to help the patient live each day with comfort and dignity, while retaining individuality and control. Through skilled nursing care, counseling, support and education, hospice helps patients and families live each day with meaning and purpose.
Care that makes you comfortable.
On-call services are provided by the hospice nurses 24 hours each day, seven days each week. There is at least one registered nurse and one social worker at each of the seven Rice Hospice offices. The care team works in partnership with long-term care facilities to provide end-of-life care to residents and their families.
The commitment of Rice Hospice to go “above and beyond” is fully supported by a generous community. Thanks to philanthropic gifts, Rice Hospice is able to continually look for ways to expand existing programs and develop new ones that not only meet the medical needs of patients, but also provide complementary therapies and programs that make life more enjoyable as well as more comfortable.
Complementary therapies and special programs at Rice Hospice include grief counseling and support groups, music, healing touch, massage therapy, Canine Care for the Journey, and the Sentimental Journey Program.
Care that supports you and your family.
You and your loved ones meet with Rice Hospice staff to create a care plan that’s right for your family. You tell us your needs and priorities, and we find options and resources to meet them. Here are ways we provide support to your family:
- Registered nurses and the medical director address medical care, pain relief and symptom management, and help with medical equipment needs.
- Social workers listen to needs and find solutions to concerns, including financial and insurance issues, and grief support.
- Chaplains offer spiritual support.
- Hospice aides help with dressing, bathing, eating, and other daily activities
- Volunteers help find favorite foods or music, join in pastimes, provide hand and foot massages, and run errands or stay and visit—whatever is needed.
- We all partner to be there for you and your family, and can help talk through feelings and end-of-life concerns.